Vacancy: Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will work to improve Dhalia’s market position and achieve financial growth. The BDM will be involved in the development of long-term strategic goals, will be responsible to build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals with corporate clients and will be expected to keep up to date with current market conditions.
The BDM will work in a senior sales position within Dhalia and will work in collaboration with the marketing team and branch managers in order to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue.
The BDM will be expected to find potential new customers, present Dhalia’s service packages to them with the aim of ultimately converting them into clients, and to continue to grow business in the future.
The BDM will also help manage existing clients, predict their future needs and ensure their continued satisfaction with Dhalia’s services.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients (local or foreign) by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. He / she must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with Dhalia. The role requires a person who is prepared to travel in order to achieve business objectives
The main duties of the Business Development Manager are:
- New Business Development
- Business Development Planning
- Implementing the strategy for meeting sales performance targets.
- Responsible for leading the company’s expansion in new overseas markets as well as continued expansion among existing local clients.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and trends.
- Submit regular progress reports
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the respective branches.
The Business development manager should preferably possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing or related fields (An MBA is more highly regarded)
- 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience with a:
- Proven record of working to targets.
- Proven track record in sales and winning new business.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Public Speaking,
- Sales Planning,
- Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges,
- Market Knowledge,
- Meeting Sales Goals,
- CRM, and
- Microsoft Office computer skills.
A remuneration package based on salary and commission will be offered to the selected candidate.